Thursday, June 23, 2005

Super Mom buys a village

I feel sorry for this family. It feels like idol worship, but the child is the idol. He is a project, not a person. Ryland lacks for nothing but the most important thing. Love.

How should it be?

Love God with all your heart, might, mind and strength and your neighbor as your self
Cleave unto your spouse and none other.
Love your children as you love yourself, teach your children from the best books, and correct them as the Lord corrects you.

Does any parent not want the best for their child? Of course not. But what a child needs most is love, the kind of love that is spelled T-I-M-E. It isn't about big parties or clothes or toys.

Children need love like they need water and food, all they want is some time with you. My daughter loves to have me chase her with her ducky into the closet so she can hide in the clothes and I try finding her, or to bounce on the bed, or just listen to me read to her.

The same book over and over is fine for me because she loves it so. Even just sitting in my lap as Schoolhouse Rock plays, over and over, I like Schoolhouse Rock even if the songs stick a little too well:) but that is good for her to learn. I think it is one of the best learning DVDs I have found so far.

Love means teaching and leading and correcting and kissing boo-boos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home